WHICH BIN TIPS
Drop it off: polystyrene
Expanded polystyrene (EPS), also known as Styrofoam, is used to produce items like meat trays and foam packaging, and can’t be recycled through your yellow bin.
White, rigid packaging foam can be recycled at these locations (charges may apply):
- All Axis, 9 Maxwell Road Pooraka
Open Monday to Friday, 7 am to 5 pm
- Coolfoam, 25 Barfield Crescent, Edinburgh North
Monday to Thursday, 8 am to 4 pm, and Fridays from 8 am to 12 pm
- Electronics Recycling Australia, 301 Grand Junction Road Ottoway
Open Monday to Friday, 8 am to 3 pm
- Heathfield Resource Recovery Centre, 32 Scott Creek Road, Scott Creek
Open Monday to Friday, 7:30 am to 4 pm, and weekends 9 am to 4 pm
- NAWMA's Resource Recovery Centre, gate 3 Bellchambers Road, Edinburgh North
Open Monday to Friday, 8 am to 4 pm, and weekends 9 am to 3 pm
Before taking your polystyrene to be recycled, make sure it’s free of any sticky tape and labels, and is clean.Foam meat trays and any packaging foam you can’t drop at a recycling centre can be placed in your landfill bin.